Saturday 5 December 2015

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Review.

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Review.

Now over the years I have used many different manufactures to provide the supplements that I need in my diet in order to achieve the best results I can. After meeting up with Shaun Stafford (Optimum Athlete) and following Steve Cook on YouTube and social media I decided to give Optimum products a go. The first of these being the staple, a must in any supplement routine, a Whey protein. Not just any though may I add, Gold Standard Whey Protein. 

This powder is based on Whey Protein Isolates, which in my opinion is the best out there. They are the purest of any protein and are fast reacting in order to give you that protein hit both pre and post workout. Per a serving you'll receive 24grams of protein, along with very little fat or lactose. This allows for it to be a protein powder you can use in any type of training due to it versatility. For me this applies when cutting or trying to gain weight. This product I’ll still use just supplement around it with a change to my macros.  

The list just goes on with all the good points this protein powder offers the consumer. With some powders you always get half the shake suck together or most recently with some I have been using little lumps forming which you can never get rid of, not with this! Every shake whether it’s with milk or water you'll get a smooth, delicious shake. The taste isn't too bad either, my favourite has got to be the Cookies&Cream. Furthermore unlike other brands which end up making your shakers smell awful after, this really doesn’t. A quick rinse post drinking the shake then you're ready to go, maybe as it’s an Optimum Shaker, which I further recommend. 

The most important question you'll all want to know though, ‘is this it working?’. Well I can tell you it most definitely is. I take it upon waking and post workout and it really does the job. Due to the ingredients in contains it’s really fast acting, pushing my recovery in the right direction. I’ve also increased my volume in training along with the change to Optimum with my gains in both strength and size going through the roof, along with staying lean and ready for anything which the industry might throw at me. Therefore if you're looking for your first every protein shake or want a switch from one you've been using for years go out and buy Gold Standard Whey today, you wont be disappointed.

More reviews to come on the Optimum range so stay tuned.


Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment