Wednesday 19 February 2014

Paleo Diet

I mentioned in a earlier blog that I was going to post a blog up about Paleo and what it is all about. After cooking with my wonderful girlfriend this evening, the dish grass-fed steak with honey glazed roasted vegetables (pictured below) I thought I was in the right frame of mind to right about it.

Paleo is often associated with Crossfit and is based upon a presumed diet of Paleolithic humans or in other words the caveman. This therefore means food which would have been found 15,000 years ago when hunting and gathering, consisting of fish, grass-fed pasture raised meats, eggs, vegetables, fruit and nuts. This excludes any grains, diary products, potatoes, refined sugar and salt. This is therefore a very high protein, low carbohydrate diet, great for those who are trying to build a lean, well built physique. As you can see it isn't a diet but more of a way of life.

I follow aspects but am not a true follower of the diet as I still have oatmeal and milk in my diet, however for the summer holiday I am going to go totally Paleo to lower my body fat even more and look ripped for holiday. I'm sure there shall be pictures to follow!!!! 

See pictured below an easy meal comprising of grass-fed rump steak with roasted courgettes, carrots, mushrooms, red onion and tomatoes. With of course the addition of steamed broccoli, which I can just not get enough of. As you can see, his and her poritions, however she can still finish it all off.

So to conclude the Paleo diet is a very strict diet and not for the faint hearted, however it will reward those who are committed and who want to lose weight.

Remember 70% diet, 30% gym

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment