Tuesday 11 February 2014

Feeling that burn at the end of a session

I'm new to all this so go easy on me. A little about me, I'm a physical training instructor in the Army and a PT in my spare time!!

Ever wondered how to feel the burn at the end of a strength session without resorting to high rep, low weight sets?? Then cluster sets are your answer.

Let's take a dumbbell chest press for example. Reduce the weight down to which you would normally look at hitting those high rep sets at, however instead of just banging the 20 or so reps out, rest after every 5 reps, sort of like mini sets. But the muscles must still be under some kind of contraction, therefore hold the dumbbells just above your starting position for a count of 5. These therefore combines a kind of rest pause set and time under tension all in one. A great way to feel the burn. It can be used with any exercise.

Hopefully some of you will try this out

Remember diet 70%, gym 30%

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment