Saturday 8 August 2015

Rest Week, Chest Day and a new breakfast!!!!

Wow, if you've never had a rest week then you definitely need to fit one in. I had my doubts and a whole week off did feel rather strange but, if yesterday's workout is anything to go by it's a must. 

First session back was chest, which I always begin my training week with. Due to the time off I didn't go as heavy as normal. Bench press I begun with working up to 100kg for 3 working sets hitting 6-8 reps. Incline press and flies followed all with a focus on the tempo of the reps, as oppose to the weight I was lifting. I used the tempo 5010, even in the flies focusing on stretching the muscle into a squeeze at the top of the movement. This is one thing I learnt from reading Sean Lerwill blogs, building muscle is not all about the weight you can lift, but the tempo you lift it at. This got me an unreal pump, my chest was feeling like it was going to explode.

I finished with a Joe Donnelly inspired tri-set. Be sure to include this in your next chest workout. 3 sets without rest. 
- Low to High Flies 12-15 reps
- High to Low flies 12-15 reps
- Single DB flat press. 15 reps

This was a killer and totally finished me off. The single DB press really pushes the chest beyond fatigue, just be careful not to use the front delt, focus on the chest. 

In other news a new breakfast you must try!!!! Protiflakes by Fuel 10k are a must have breakfast. The marcos are as follows per 100 grams:
Carbs 65.9 grams, Protien 23.9 grams, Fat 1.2grams. 




It's  also really low in sugar unlike most cereals which is why I would normally choose oats. Check out their range online, they have so many different products, all which are healthy and fit perfectly into most macros. 

So there you have it, tempo is the way to chest growth. Give a rest week a try, I promise you won't regret it!!! Until next time, train hard' fight easy!!!

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment