Wednesday 26 August 2015

Leg Workout 26th August

Today was legs and it's a day I always look forward to. The problem with legs is you either have an amazing workout or a really lacking one. Today was one of those amazing ones. 

I've recently started my leg workouts with a barbell hack squat to warm up the legs, into 5  increasing working sets of front squat then moving onto 5x5 of back squat. Seems to really work. I managed to max out at 150kg for 5 reps which with my weight currently at 86kg, I'm really pleased with. I believe this is all down to the hack/front squat prior which ensures my body is fully warmed up. I then move into more isolation of the legs with a much higher intensity, my workout is as follows.

Warm up
10 minutes cross trainer
Thera-band kicks both frontal and lateral. 
Hip bridges. 

1) Barbell Hack Squat 3x20 reps. Lower the weight slowly under control. 

2) Front squat 5x10. Increasing the weight by 20% each set.

3) Back squat 5x5. Focus on power out of the movement.

4) Walking Barbell Lunges, 5x50m. Increasing weight each set.

5) Own bodyweight legs curls superset leg extension. 6x12. 

6) Leg Press 50 reps superset DB Romania Deadlifts 20 reps. 3 sets. 


My legs were on fire after this, concentrate on:
- Tempo of each rep.
- Contraction and stretch (especially hamstrings).
-  Power on compound exercises. 

So there you have it, my leg workout. Give it a go and let me know what you think!!! 

Jack 


No comments:

Post a Comment