Thursday 23 July 2015

Fellow Bloggers

I have recently taken more time to read other peoples blog to generate a higher knowledge of what you guys want and also knowledge of fitness for me, as they say you never stop learning!!! Now Born Fitness is one of these must reads!! Here I came across a blog written by Adam Bernstein on the growing dilemma for me of dropping carbs for fat loss. This has been a major part of my blogs recently as myself, and I’m sure many others are trying to drop weight for their summer holidays. 

He goes on to state how a “low carb” diet is one of the most misunderstood terms of nutrition in the fitness industry, to which I totally agree with him on. He mentions how creating a flexible diet plan is the way forward, this is being used more greatly in the fitness industry over the last few years with the boom of applications, mainly through apps such as myfitnesspal. Michael Kory, who is an ever developing Vlogger is huge on this. When creating this diet plan he a leads to certain points which have to be taken into account. 

Total training hours: A training plan which you design will coincide with the diet plan. For me these are essential as they compliment each other. With good nutrition you will get such a better workout, guaranteed.

Target bodyweight: You must have a goal at the end of it. Many people go wrong by just saying ‘I want to look ripped’. You must know your goal weight!!! When you know your target body weight it will allow you to work your macros out to which then, you can plug into myfitnesspal and get you on your way to getting the body you want. 

Body fat: this is very much like the above, you have got to know where you are, to get where you want to go. Again this will help you set goals which in turn will keep you motivated to carry on when reaching said goals. 

The one thing that I would like to add to this is carbs is the one thing in your diet which you can change so much and will in turn have such a great overall effect. Even as minimal as adding 50 grams extra a day can have such a huge effect. In its basic form carbs are a energy source, so if you are depleting yourself of carbs your body will never be as efficient as it could be. This will of course mean you won’t be able to push yourself as hard in the gym. Low carbs restrict the muscle from energy meaning it will fatigue faster. However if you have a high carb intake, especially prior to exercise the muscle will be full and what I often find is an unreal pump. 

I often cycle my carbs throughout the week, keeping the body guessing. Whenever I train legs my carb intake rises by 60 grams that day, this is split between pre and post workout. Days where I am not training I will minimise my intake as I am not training and therefore don’t need as greater energy. These are all different things you can do. Play around with carbs, it effects people in many different ways but once you know what works for you stick with it!!! You will notice such a difference. 

So there you have it Born Fitness is a great blog which you need to get reading if you haven’t already. Adam Bernstein is a wealth of knowledge, always posting up little tips to help. If you're really into your flexible dieting then Michael Kory is definitely a guy to check out on youtube, some of his recipes are incredible, plus they're yummy!!!!!!

Hope this helps


Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment