Saturday 18 July 2015

Crossfit for cardio???

As I'm cutting down for my holidays over the summer I've got so bored of doing cardio so instead I've recently opted for a crossfit workout to retain the high intensity and not make it boring. You may ask, but crossfit!!! But it makes this boring art of cardio so much more fun. You can time yourself over each workout, pushing you harder and at the end of the day burn more calories, which is why you're there!!!!! With this however, you've got to be careful and selective as to what workouts you're doing so not to overtrain selective body parts. Here are a few workouts I've made up using as an alternative to crossfit in my programme:

Burpee Bonanza
100 burpees for time.

Heart Breaker
25 burpees
100m walking lunge
25 burpees
400m run
3 rounds for time.

Pool workout
100m best effort
12 pool muscles ups (muscles on the side of the pool)
Amrap in 20 minutes.

So there you have it, crossfit can be used in bodybuilding as a cardio alternative. I love burpees as you can see, swimming is also a great form of cardio. The pool muscles ups are a killer!!!!!! 

Have fun and let us know how you get on. 

Jack  



No comments:

Post a Comment