Monday 11 January 2016

New Gym and Amino Energy!!

I know it's been a while but Happy New Year to everyone, I hope you're already into conquering your goals of 2016. 

I've been really busy myself with work over the Christmas period but managed to get home for a few days to see the family and of course try out a new gym. Where my parents live as oppose to London gyms are few and far between but through word of mouth I managed to get a week pass at 'Elite Physique Training Gym' (www.elitephysiquetraining.co.uk) in Sandy just off the A1.

The gym has only just recently opened back in October but has really got a lot to offer. It's in a small warehouse offering you a weights area, cardio suite and a room for classes. Dumbbells range from 1-50kg, all three types of bench presses, 2 smith machines, a squat rack and some machines I've never used before. One of these being the C press, which hit my shoulders at a totally different angle to the normal, straight, vertical pressing I'm used to. The gym has recently brought heavy duty bands which I knew I must give a go. Joe Donelley is a new advocate of these and boy do they work. The contraction is just insane!! High face pulls, rows, push downs, bicep curls and flies can all incorporate these. The muscle is under constant tension along with more resistance being exerted when you are at the strongest phase of the movement, thus making any movement much more difficult. I had some great workouts in this gym so if your in the area be sure to check it out. They're offering all types of memberships, including a day pass which is always helpful, along with Personal Training.

Lastly a quick shout out to Optimum Nutrition once more!! I can not get enough of amino energy. No matter how I feel, whenever I take this I get a good workout in. No matter the body part I don't fatigue and always seem to be focused throughout and get the job done. Plus the fruit fusion flavour is to die for. Check it out!!!! 

Have a great week of training, really try out some heavy duty resistance bands into your training.

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment